March 27, 2010

LIFE RULE #3 FOR DOGS

MAKE ROUTINE SHOWS OF BRAVERY

It is always a good idea to show some bravery so your Mommy or Daddy knows that you are doing your job. If you hear a noise outside, you should growl or bark. Just once will do. No sense in overdoing it. You will still get the credit for bravery.

But, every once in a while, you should do more. Peeking out the windows growling and barking is really impressive. It shows your intent to attack if necessary. Make them feel that they will have to hold you back. Everyone will think you are so devoted and fiercely protective. It may even earn you some extra treats!

Here I am guarding my household from intruders. It turned out to be my Mommy's daughter and grandsons, but that's okay. My Mommy thinks I was willing to attack and maim for her safety.














11 comments:

  1. Brave is good, yappy is, well, annoying. You are so right not to over do it. Treats for being the bestest alarm dog. Squirrels and Kitties must be warned not to tread on your lawn.
    WOOF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi T.J. We luv your blog and linked ya in our bloglist. Hope you don't mind ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cutie patootie. I think you are a brave soul TJ. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday to you as well T.J. and keep up the great guard doggin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, TJ!
    That is a very good rule!
    I don't bark a lot... but when I bark... I bark!
    I know it is important that our humans know we are protecting them!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi TJ!
    We bark and bark and bark a lot! Mommie doesn't like and keeps telling us "Quiet" alla time, and making mad faces. So then we stop. Until she stops paying attention and go back to barking again. :)
    -Bubbles & Texas from Two Dachshunds & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning,

    We think you are very brave and a grrreat watch dog! Keep those bad guys away!

    Please come by and visit us, we would luv to hear from you!

    Luv,
    Riley and Star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I practice bravery on a regular basis. I am glad to see you are good at protecting your peeps, TJ!
    Snuggle,s
    Twix

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you, but for some strange reason when I follow your rule #3 I always get in trouble. Hmm...
    Twink!

    ReplyDelete

VISITS FROM DOG LOVERS